Friday, October 15, 2010

Greasy Creek Friendly

Hey yall! I am at Greasy Creek Friendly Hostel near Erwin, Tennessee. The last few days have been great! I've been on the trail for 4 days now, and am cranking out the miles. I'm trying to get done by Halloween, but a few days later is o.k. too. The fall colors have been beautiful! The forest reminds me of fruity pebbles right now. It is especially pretty when it rains. Yesterday it rained for a few hours in the morning, and the water is flowing now!! Today I drank some water from a spring on the top of Roan; the best water I've ever tasted!

Today I hiked the Roan Highlands. Man was it windy!!! Dad & Mr. Bean, it was darn close to the wind in NH. The wind nearly blew me over, and gave me wind burn. The views were amazing though! I'm pretty disappointed that we never went up there, being so close to Knoxville. Anyway, it is an amazing place. I'd recommend it highly to anyone looking for a hike near there that hasn't been before.

I also received a box with cold weather gear today! Thank goodness! It was 28 degrees when I woke up this morning, and I could see my breath as I was hiking today too. Also, I have to brag about how much my friend and I ate the other night. I had 2 roast beef and cheddars, a large fry, 3 slices of pizza and a pint of ice cream. My buddy "Mud" had a #7 from Arby's and an entire meatlovers pizza! It's truely amazing how much we can put away, and I still feel like I'm losing weight.

Thanks again so much for following. I'm using dial-up to make this post! I laughed so hard when it was dialing; haven't heard that in a while. Hope yall are doing awesome!

The Kid

2 comments:

TheKonz said...

Ahhh, the Roans are where I wanted to hike with you too!! Keep on trucking man!! Hopefully I'll see you on the trail, but it's not looking good. I'll be up to Wyoming and Colorado to hike though!!

Unknown said...

No big Sam, I eat that much on a daily basis...